Best Central Florida wedding venuesRead More
What is your preferred style?
Bold. Fun. Classic
How many weddings have you photographed in your career?
I love weddings so I try to photograph as many as possible. I would say around 100 and always looking forward to photographing the next one. Know anyone that’s engaged? ;)
How many weddings will you photograph on my wedding day?
Each wedding will have its own primary lead photographer. That way they will be able to focus on your big day!
Have you ever shot at my venue?
If I have not photographed a wedding at your venue, I will meet with the staff and do a walk through beforehand.
Do you bring your own lighting?
Absolutely! We work with natural light for most of the day because it’s beautiful but when the time calls for it, or we’re getting creative, we use a variety of different lighting setups depending on what or who is being photographed.
Do you work from a shot list?
At the beginning of my career I used a printed out shot list but we know the layout of the wedding day and what needs to be photographed.
Can I request certain images are taken at my wedding?
Absolutely, I know Pinterest has some intriguing photos on it. If you do see something you like, let us know. I do like to say that the more epic images take time to create so keep that in mind when working on your timeline.
How many hours are included in my collection?
We offer 3 collections. 10 hours, 8 hours, and 6 hours. If you’re having a smaller or larger gathering, give us a call and we can create a custom quote for you.
How much does an additional hour of coverage cost?
Each additional hour is $299 for main photographer. For the second shooter, it’s $149.
Do you bring a second shooter?
The top 2 collections come with a second shooter. I always recommend having a second shooter because you get different angles, another creative thinking process, and a lot more images.
How many images can I expect to see from my wedding?
Each wedding is unique and different in its own way. We can’t tell you exactly how many images you’ll receive day of. Some of the variables include how many hours you book us for, if you get a second shooter, etc.
Do you have a limit to the number of images you edit?
Nope, We just delivered a gallery to an awesome couple with 900 images from a 6 hour wedding!
How long does it take to see proofs from my wedding?
We ask for 6 weeks to go through and edit your images to perfection.
Do I receive a disc of images, or do I order the prints through you?
You will receive a link from us that will allow you to download the images from your gallery.
How much are the prints?
Pricing for prints vary, especially with what we can print on nowadays. You do receive a print credit towards an album or wall art and we would be happy to help you find something special for your wall!
Is an album included?
Albums are not included but you do receive a specified print credit amount that goes towards the purchase of an album or wall art!
Will you use my images in advertising?
We do reserve the right to use the wedding day images in our advertising but if you don’t feel comfortable with that, please let us know!
Will you request the photography guidelines from the ceremony and reception locations?
Most venues are good with us having a certain amount of freedom to photograph what we need but we do talk with the coordinators to see if there are any restrictions. We know that churches and more religious venues don’t like us using flash so we absolutely respect that.
What will you and your second shooter wear?
Depending on the weather and venue, normally a button down and nice slacks in all black.
What is your plan if you are ill or there is an emergency and you can't photograph my wedding?
We will appoint another professional photographer whom of which we have full trust in, to take over the Lead photographic role at your wedding.
How much is the retainer?
There is a $500 retainer due at the contract signing. We accept Cash, Online payments, and Checks.
When is the balance due?
A second payment is due 90 (Ninety) days prior to the date of the wedding date. The final payment is due 30 (Thirty) days prior to the date of the wedding date. The Photographer, or their associates, are not officially booked as your wedding photographer until the retainer is paid, and this contract is signed.
What is your cancellation policy?
If the Client cancels the Wedding or Photographer’s services 6 months, or more, prior to the wedding date, then any amounts paid by Client will be refunded, withholding the retainer, which is non-refundable. If the Client cancels the wedding or Photographer’s services 6 months or less prior to the date of the wedding, the amount paid is non-refundable, as the Photographer has forgone other means of employment or services to other potential clients. If the Client has rescheduled their wedding date and the Photographer is not available, and the Client has chosen to not proceed with a Sonacity Associate Photographer, any amounts paid by Client will be refunded, withholding the retainer, which is non-refundable.
Hey everyone! He is the continuation of "7 TIPS FOR GETTING INTO WEDDING SHAPE" for you to enjoy! If you missed Part 1, it's in an earlier blog post. Enjoy the read!
4: Hold yourself accountable:
Make sure when you start any new diet and exercise program that you keep track of your progress and keep up with writing in your fitness journal if you start one. Keep track as to what you eat every day. They even have apps for these things now, but I like the idea of writing notes in my phone or on paper. There’s no need to download another app that’ll take up space on my phone and it gets the job done. Remember, holding yourself accountable means acknowledging when you have an “off day.” If you ate an extra slice of pizza or drank a soda when you knew you shouldn’t keep track of that. If your goal is to look and feel your best know that the power is in your hands. Whether you lose 5 pounds or 50 lbs. before your wedding mental clarity is important. Know that you hold the key to a healthier life, and your success depends on yourself at the end of the day.
5: Don’t be afraid to ask for support:
You are responsible for your own weight loss journey, but when you join a group or work out with a friend it does help the process for many people. Your friends and family may have the same reservations as you do when it comes to starting a new routine. Find someone you trust to workout with you and help each other achieve goals. Sometimes having someone in your corner helps the process. Better yet, see if your significant other wants to join a program with you. It could be a way to get even closer before the big day!
6: Don’t be afraid of failure:
Stick to your diet as much as possible. Eat vegetables daily and eat lean meats or go vegetarian temporarily if you can. Never beat yourself up about the occasional cheat day. We all have our moments. You might be surprised to learn that the body does well when put into shock every occasionally. If you’re eating a strict diet of nothing but vegetables and lean meat and you have a night where you eat a cup of low fat ice cream it’s not the end of the world. In fact, it may give you a small boost in your metabolism. Just do not let that one night a week be an everyday habit.
7: Get a trainer if you can:
Sometimes having a workout buddy is good for motivation but when you get closer to the big day you may need a little extra help to get down those extra pounds. When working out on your home or with a friend isn’t enough you may need the assistance of a professional. Finding a trainer may seem like a difficult task, but I find that word of mouth is the best thing. Make posts on Facebook, check websites, or go to your local gym for the perfect trainer. Many will offer your first session for free or half off so deciding on who will work best with you is mostly affordable and easy!
Remember, trainer or not muscle is denser than fat, so you've most likely turned some fat into lean muscle (no matter what the scale says)b by your wedding day, if you’ve stuck with some workout regime. Visualize yourself coming down the aisle in the best shape ever and don't give up! Even if you haven't lost weight, you should be seeing some results in your muscle tone by the time you get to your big day.
Thank you, Katrina, for the amazing information! For those interested in contacting Katrina, her information is listed below :)
Hey everyone! I hope you all are having an awesome day. I just wanted to post this About Me blog so you get a chance to know me a little better. For more about me, check out http://www.sonacityphotography.com/thephotog/. Without further adieu...Here's a list.
1. I never got a referral in school and only got detention once! I was bad, I just never got caught :P
2. I used to rap and produce music all the time. I even got the opportunity to open up for Afroman with my group "The Out Crowd"
3. I'm a classically trained pianist
4. I'm addicted to traveling, I've been to Puerto Rico, Israel, Mexico, Amsterdam, Switzerland, England, Vienna and can't wait to visit more places
5. My girlfriend and I have a pet hedgehog named Wanheda. I love her sooo much :D
6. Basketball is my favorite sport. Unfortunately, the Magic aren't doing so well
7. Whiskey is my drink of choice but I also enjoy craft beer
8. I'm addicted to collecting art (I love local artists). Check out Lemus https://www.facebook.com/germanlemusart/
9. Models that have hair ties on their wrist while photographing is a huge pet peeve (Don't worry, I'll let you know) | People driving 10mph under the speed limit in the left lane is also a huge pet peeve | I also despise pickles. lol
10. Penguins are my favorite animal
11. Green was my favorite color growing up but now it's purple
12. My girlfriend is a trained opera singer and yes, I've recorded her for a rap/country song :)
13. I love themes...Bars, Parties, Weddings. In college, I would throw themed parties which actually resulted in a couple of people dating long term and soon they'll be getting married!!! :D
14. I teach myself a lot | I wish I knew more about astronomy
15. The people in my life mean everything to me
What are some of your favorite things to do? What music do you like? Let us know a little bit about you in the comment section below :)
You're gonna look great!
There are many different kinds of sessions that photographer's offer. The first thing you should do is understand what kind of session you are having, don't worry, most of the session names are pretty straight forward. This allows you to get into the right mindset and distinguish the different variables that set your session apart from the others. For example, if you are meeting with the photographer for an engagement session, you want to look beautiful and in love. A lot of the time, you won't be posing in an engagement session looking like you're about to go to a Halloween party. However, if that is how the two of you met, by all means, I think that would be an awesome session and I would love to photograph it! If you're preparing for an editorial session, you'll want to check out different magazines and I don't have to remind you how wonderful Pinterest for ideas. Just be aware that the photographer is also an artist, and while getting creative ideas, will most likely not want to copy the exact photo that you have. Here are some more words and pictures!
There is a laundry list of items you could think about to get ready for your session, but the best thing to do is keep it simple.
1. Be you and be comfortable. Being yourselves will overall get you the best photos! The clothes that you wear should reflect your personalities and how you see yourselves :) They should also be clothes that you can move around in, play in, and work your body into different poses. Don't be boring like a plain white shirt with khakis, but venture to find your clothing spirit animal, just keep it in the same color family so it's not chaos.
Don't have one of those moments like when you look back at your high school yearbook and think "What was I doing!?" We've all been there.
2. Now, I always carry certain props with me but that's because I feel they bring a certain energy to an image. It's like putting italics on a word :P
I do ask my clients to bring items with them that they like. ^^^ Amber and Jimmy brought baby blocks to spell out their baby's name. #SoCute
3. Most likely the photographer will have a great location set out for your already, but if you have a special place that you'd like your session to be, let them know! We love going to places that make you happy, it makes for better images!
4. Think about how you'd like to display the images you've taken! The products Sonacity Photography offers range from small prints, to albums, to large prints on metal! How big do you want that canvas of your family to be? Would you like to be able to see all the photos in an album? Remember, these moments become family heirlooms that will be treasured by your children and grandchildren. So be sure to make ridiculous faces and stick your tongue out at them.
5. Trust your photographer :) -Thanks, Carlos Romero!
What are you thoughts? How do you get ready?
If you have any questions or feel I've left something out, feel free to contact me! The inquiry page is really close by :)